Groupe Kuoma Canada Inc. (Kuoma) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of its customer’s personal information obtained by reason of using its online services.
What Personal Information Do We Collect and Why?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. We use and process your personal information in connection with you, for example, this includes when you are buying our products online, visiting our website, or contacting our customer service. Examples of personal information include your name, address, age, date of birth, gender, financial information and credit records, as well as your opinions, preferences and purchase patterns.
We collect different categories of personal information depending on how you interact with us. Types of information we collect:
- Information You Provide to Us: You may provide us with information through your request for services and the use of our products or services. This includes, but is not limited to, information you provide through the purchase of our products or the services we offer, or when sending us feedback via the Kuoma website. You may choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some our services.
- Information Collected Automatically by Our Website or App: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of our services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers to collect this information.
- Information From Other Sources: We may receive information from third parties who provide us with services, such as carriers or a credit service provider.
Use and Purpose of Collecting Your Personal Information:
We use your information to operate, provide, develop and improve the products and services that we offer to our customers. We may collect, use and disclose your personal information in order to:
- Process and administer your payment for the purchase of products or services
- Better understand your product and service needs and to offer relevant information, products, services, including sending you communications by way of postal mail, e-mail, facsimile, telephone, text message or other type of electronic communication
- Track and analyze website use to provide a better customer experience such as customized offers and advertisements
- Improve marketing, customer service and product recommendations
- Develop customer service and e-commerce
- Solicit feedback to provide product insights including to other customers, product reviews, improve our products and services, and generate content for our website
- Administer the delivery, return or exchange of products
- Track and analyze your purchases, other transactions, shopping patterns, account activity, and payment history for marketing analysis purposes or tailoring promotional offers to you
- Handling of complaints
- Comply with applicable legal, regulatory and self-regulatory requirements
- Respond to your questions, concerns or requests to customer service; and
- Achieve other purposes as may, from time to time, be permitted or required by law
We use such technologies to implement functions, personalize them, perform analytics and target marketing material. Some cookies are necessary and without them you will not be able to use our website. For example, functional cookies and local storage is used for customer identification, login maintenance, delivery time estimates, and shopping cart functions. The use and acceptance of such cookies and local storage is mandatory.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Kuoma uses and discloses your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, except with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law. We do not sell or rent personal information.
In the event that Kuoma, or any of its affiliated companies, brands or substantially all of its assets are acquired by an unrelated third party, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets. By providing your personal information to us, you agree that we may disclose your personal information, on a confidential basis, to any prospective transferee and its professional advisors for the purposes of their due diligence investigations, the completion of any such transaction and the continued operation of the acquired business.
Additionally, we may be required to disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, to an investigative body, or as may be required or permitted under applicable Canadian or other law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
In case of a need for disclosure in any other event not described above, you will receive a notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
We have activated Google Signals in Google Analytics, which enables cross-device activity tracking and personalized advertising. This means that we collect information such as location, search history, YouTube history, and activities on our site so that we can better tailor our ads and services to our users' needs and interests. Information is only collected if the user has accepted personalized advertising in their Google account and the setting of marketing cookies on the website. The stored information is always summarized and anonymous.
Google Signals help us to better evaluate user behavior, wishes and interests in order to optimize and customize our products and services. By default, this data expires after 26 months. Users can manage or delete their data in their Google account and change their consent to personalized advertising in the Google account settings.
How We Protect Your Personal Information?
The security of your personal information is important to us. We have implemented appropriate technical, physical and administrative safeguards and security measures designed to protect your personal information. All of our Service Providers are required under their contracts with us to maintain your confidentiality and may not use your information for any unauthorized purpose. When we are required by law to provide information, we take reasonable steps to verify the lawful authority for the collection and we disclose only the information that is legally required. We review our procedures and security measures regularly to ensure that they are properly administered and remain effective and appropriate for the sensitivity of the information.
How You Can Access Your Personal Information
You have the right to access, update and correct your personal information in our custody or control. To access your personal information, please contact our customer service in writing at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for access or information within a reasonable time. There may be times when we are unable to fulfill your request - for example, if providing access to your personal information would reveal confidential commercial or proprietary information or personal information about someone else (and we are unable to separate your data), or if we are prohibited by law from disclosing the information. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
Additionally, your customer account can be accessed on Kuma’s online store at any time. There, you will have the option to subscribe and/or unsubscribe to marketing material. You can also send a request to customer service to terminate your account and delete your personal information. In some cases, however, not all information may be deleted, and the law may require that some of the customer-related information be retained.
Use Of Our Services by Children
Kuoma does not offer any of its services to children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under the age of 18, you may use Kuoma’s services with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Concerns, Notices, and Revisions
How to Contact Us
You may contact us:
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail at Kuomiokoski Oy, Pohjallistie 1, 52780 Kuomiokoski